Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Sleep  (Read 470 times)

Kaitlynd2012

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
Sleep
« on: January 09, 2018, 08:39:57 AM »
I started the food plan two days ago. The first night I tossed and turned all night, and last night I woke up three times. I love sleep and if sleep continues to be an issue I won稚 be able to continue the plan long term. I have followed the plan exactly for two days, and I made sure to have my evening snack to help with sleep.

Typically I sleep all night with no problem, and when I have started new eating plans in the past sleep has been an issue.

Is their anything I can do?

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: Sleep
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 08:45:55 AM »
Hello, and welcome!

I agree: good quality sleep is essential and I'm glad you wrote in.  I'm really curious to know how the eating plan on The Serotonin Power Diet compares to how you were eating before.  For example, what were you previously eating for dinner?  Were you eating close to bedtime?  How about the quantity of food, was that significantly different?  Have your exercise patterns changed in the past few days (for example, adding exercise, or not exercising)?  Have you been hungry or thirsty at bedtime or during the night?  Any change in alcohol consumption?  If we can identify what specifically about The Serotonin Power Diet is affecting your sleep it would be helpful and we can tweak the program to get you back on track with sleep. 

The eating plan affects everyone differently and it makes sense that changing your eating patterns can take a while to get used to.  I encourage you to stick with it for at least a few more days if not the full 2 weeks of Phase I. 

I look forward to hearing more about what's going on for you,
Nina

Kaitlynd2012

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 01:21:09 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply! I do have to say I知 loving my mood so far with this plan. I have read so much info on how the carbs I知 eating are bad so this is a different approach but I知 loving how I don稚 have to feel quilt for eating a couple of graham crackers!!

I have always exercised at the level I am exercising at now, 30 min 5x per week. Before starting this plan I would eat a larger dinner with protein. Before bed I would eat a large carby snack (I知 estimating 300 to 500 cals) and typically this would be my time for binge eating which has been an awful habit for me. I知 hoping spd is going to help with this.

The first day on spd I was thirsty throughout the night. I have been drinking a ton of water since then!

Thank you,
Kaitlyn

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 04:26:42 PM »
Hi Kaitlyn,

I'm thrilled you're loving your mood - I sure hope that continues.

I know what you mean about not having guilt about eating something that makes you feel good.  We have enough scrutiny and judgement in our lives already!

That is great you maintain that level of exercise.  Has your desire to binge eat or have a huge before-bed large carb snack lessened since starting the Serotonin Power Diet?

And great you're drinking a lot of water - often thirst causes people to overeat, so way to go on the water. 

Anything else you'd like to share, bring it on - we love hearing from our readers :-)

Nina