Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Slow Cooker Recipe  (Read 395 times)

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
Slow Cooker Recipe
« on: September 04, 2017, 10:19:26 AM »
Does anyone here appreciate slow cooker? These slow cookers (http://www.thejuzz.com/Slow-Cooker/) get ready dinners while you're out doing what needs to be done. Check this recipe below:

Mexican Black Bean Chicken

6 frozen chicken breasts
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained (I use frozen beans -- make my own -- recipe below)
2 cups frozen corn
1 large jar of salsa
chopped cilantro (optional)

Cook all day on low. About 30 minutes before serving (or more, or less) dice in 1 block of cream cheese and stir when melted.
Serve over rice or egg noodles. Its delicious and a real family favourite!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 05:10:05 AM by donahlyn »

• Global Moderator
Re: Slow Cooker Recipe
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 08:11:00 PM »
Hi there, and thanks so much for sharing the recipe - it sounds delicious, and it looks really easy to make: fantastic!! We love learning what our readers are cooking up in their kitchens. 

Here are suggestions on how the recipe can work for the Serotonin Power Diet for both lunch and dinner:

1. Use fat free cream cheese or fat free Greek yogurt instead of full fat cream cheese (or, in a pinch, low fat cream cheese).

2. For lunch: skip the noodles and/or rice and focus on the chicken enjoying just some of the beans and corn.

3. For dinner: have just a small piece of chicken and enjoy mainly the beans and corn along with rice or noodles.

Again, thanks for sharing such a great recipe!

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
Re: Slow Cooker Recipe
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 12:45:45 PM »
Your recipe sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing, I canít wait to try it!!  :)