Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Phase 2: Week 3 Lunch Protein Portion Not in Book  (Read 90 times)

srenaski08

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
Phase 2: Week 3 Lunch Protein Portion Not in Book
« on: September 26, 2017, 04:41:04 PM »
Hi!  I have just started my second week on the diet and am having great success so far.  I take 75mg of Zoloft and had put on some weight from taking it.  Since starting the diet I feel energized and stable and I have no urge to go in the kitchen and scavenge when I'm not hungry, not to mention I no longer crave sweets!  I have a very rigorous workout schedule that I have continued on and lost 7 lbs. my first week on the diet, thank you, this has been a blessing!

So, my question is, in the copy of the book I have (NOOK version) week 3, of Phase 2 of the diet does not give a protein portion size, it only lists vegetables and it does not say if it is the same as Phase 1.  I am going to assume that since you are adding protein to dinner that the lunch protein size is cut in half, but I wanted to make sure before I start next week.

Thank you so much for this diet, it has been wonderful to finally see the weight come off that I have been so desperately trying to lose for a year!

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: Phase 2: Week 3 Lunch Protein Portion Not in Book
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 12:00:41 PM »
Hello, welcome, and congratulations on such a wonderful start to the Serotonin Power Diet!  I'm thrilled you've responded so well to it, and that's terrific you've got a vigorous workout program to complement the eating plan. 

I applaud you for looking ahead and preparing for Phase 2.  Unfortunately in the earliest version of the book omits the dinner protein portion (it's been corrected in subsequent printings).  In Phase 2, the Serotonin Balance Phase, the lunch protein portion is 120-150 calories (or about 30-35 grams of protein), and the dinner protein portion is 80-100 calories (or about 20 grams of protein).  Phase 3, the Serotonin Control Phase, meal guidelines remain the same; the difference between phases 2 and 3 lies in the smaller snack size and the option of more tempting snack choices (albeit also less "healthy" ones) because cravings will be more under control and you'll be less likely to binge on snacks.  However, at any point in the diet, choose snacks that will not put you at risk for bingeing. 

Please continue to keep us posted. We're cheering for all of our readers and clients whether they're experiencing success or run into challenges - always remember it's a process!

Nina