Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Slow Cooker Recipe  (Read 234 times)

donahlyn

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
Slow Cooker Recipe
« on: September 04, 2017, 10:19:26 AM »
Does anyone here appreciate slow cooker? These slow cookers (http://www.thejuzz.com/Slow-Cooker/) get ready dinners while you're out doing what needs to be done. Check this recipe below:

Mexican Black Bean Chicken

6 frozen chicken breasts
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained (I use frozen beans -- make my own -- recipe below)
2 cups frozen corn
1 large jar of salsa
chopped cilantro (optional)

Cook all day on low. About 30 minutes before serving (or more, or less) dice in 1 block of cream cheese and stir when melted.
Serve over rice or egg noodles. Its delicious and a real family favourite!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 05:10:05 AM by donahlyn »

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: Slow Cooker Recipe
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 08:11:00 PM »
Hi there, and thanks so much for sharing the recipe - it sounds delicious, and it looks really easy to make: fantastic!! We love learning what our readers are cooking up in their kitchens. 

Here are suggestions on how the recipe can work for the Serotonin Power Diet for both lunch and dinner:

1. Use fat free cream cheese or fat free Greek yogurt instead of full fat cream cheese (or, in a pinch, low fat cream cheese).

2. For lunch: skip the noodles and/or rice and focus on the chicken enjoying just some of the beans and corn.

3. For dinner: have just a small piece of chicken and enjoy mainly the beans and corn along with rice or noodles.

Again, thanks for sharing such a great recipe!

Nina

Choccie1

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
Re: Slow Cooker Recipe
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 12:45:45 PM »
Your recipe sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing, I canít wait to try it!!  :)