Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Protein shake for breakfast  (Read 117 times)

Wellsy

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
Protein shake for breakfast
« on: April 22, 2017, 10:56:57 PM »
Hi. Newbie here. I've just read the book and starting to think about and plan what I can eat when I start.  My normal breakfast is a protein shake and would like to continue this.  It has 15gm of protein and 7.7 grams of carbs. Is this an ok carb amount for phase one breakfast?  Thanks

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: Protein shake for breakfast
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 10:00:26 AM »
Hello, and welcome!!

Sure, that sounds like a great part of breakfast. Have a serving of fruit with the shake (preference), or you can have the piece of fruit later in the day.  You can either add a half portion of morning carbs along with the shake (like half a piece of toast or about 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal, or you can add a bit more carb to one of the snacks you're eating during the day.  I hope that's not confusing, I'm just trying to respect the fact that if you've found a breakfast that works for you and you don't need to eat more than that, I'm giving you options. 

I hope you're off to a great start,
Nina

Wellsy

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:53:30 PM »
Thank you Nina
I haven't started fully yet as I am planning what meals I can have etc, but I already have the morning shake and I am adding my snacks into my day and trying to reduce the protein at the evening meal while I research meal plans etc.

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 10:12:54 AM »
That sounds good.  I hope you're finding ways to incorporate principles of the diet as time goes on so you can get the full serotonin-boosting, appetite suppressing, and weight loss effects!

- Nina