Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Half Marathon Training  (Read 202 times)

CarrieK

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
Half Marathon Training
« on: August 02, 2017, 10:58:44 AM »
I'm training for a half marathon. Is this eating plan appropriate for the special needs of distance running?

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: Half Marathon Training
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 07:12:51 AM »
Hello and welcome,

I applaud you for the half-marathon training - wow!

The Serotonin Power is indeed suitable as long as you're consuming enough calories to support your training.  The plan meets national guidelines for protein and other nutrients including if you are exercising.  Without knowing your training regime, I can only recommend that you follow the plan as outlined but keep close tabs on your energy levels, hunger, physical capacity, mood, etc. and if you're feeling drained, always hungry, not performing physically as expected, irritable, etc. then switch right away to the men's portions.  You can also track your weight and adjust portions accordingly.  Unless you have over 50 pounds to lose, we recommend no more than 1-2 pound weight loss per week (and even individuals who have over 50 pounds to lose are well off losing slowly but in the beginning some people lose a lot quickly and that can be safe for a few weeks before weight loss stabilizes to 1-2 pounds a week).  It's perfectly normal to plateau with your weight loss, too!

Nina