Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Zodiak Mix  (Read 184 times)

Debby Doyle

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
Zodiak Mix
« on: August 07, 2017, 07:48:20 AM »
I am new and in my 1st week of the program. It's going well. I still haven't reached the feeling of being satisfied at night but my determination to get this weight off is keeping me from binging. Anyway, my question is with Zodiak pancake/waffle mix.. . I am hoping you are familiar with this and can tell me how to count it. It is a very high protein pancake mix. Thank you for your help and saving me with this program. I was in tears with frustration from not being able to take this weight off from medication. I'm still skeptical that I will lose but hopeful. Will see on Thurs. When I weigh.

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: Zodiak Mix
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 12:18:57 AM »
Hello and welcome. Thank you for writing to us.  Yes, I am familiar with that pancake mix and it's good.  You can definitely incorporate it into the diet and probably best for breakfast or lunch, but if you have carbs and veggies paired with the pancakes, it would work for dinner as well (who says you can't have breakfast for dinner every once in a while, right?).  They're not a good choice for a snack.  Best is to read the label and consider all of the ingredients you're using to make the pancakes in order to figure out how many pancakes to eat at each meal.

Keep in mind that weight loss is a trend and if you don't lose one week don't give up.  Big picture goals are the way to go.  Of course I know it's motivating to get on the scale each week and see the pounds drop and we hope that for everyone but the goal is steady consistent weight loss that occurs in a sustainable and safe way so you can maintain it in the long run and slowly adopt all of the habits and the lifestyle to do so - change can be hard but the results are worth it.  I get it on the tears of frustration but give yourself the gift of time and faith (in yourself and the program) and it will happen. 

Please keep us posted,
Nina

Nina 

Debby Doyle

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 10:16:26 AM »
Thank you for your reply. So I would count the pancakes as protein and not carbs???

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 01:24:36 PM »
Hi, best is to check the label and account for added ingredients like milk and eggs and then match the portion sizes to the meal you're eating.  Many, many foods are a mix of protein and carbs and when there is that mix, you can add extra protein or extra carbs depending on what meal it is.  For dinner, just make sure the carb:protein ratio in terms of grams is at least 4:1 and you'll get the serotonin boost you need.

Enjoy,
Nina