Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Getting More Difficult, Not Easier... Week #4  (Read 1207 times)

DebP15

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
Getting More Difficult, Not Easier... Week #4
« on: November 10, 2015, 10:00:12 AM »
Good morning - thank you for getting me into this forum - I really need some help! 
1.  I am entering Week #4 of the SPD and still getting LOTS of cravings for chocolate. 
2.  Also, even if I eat a meal where I feel full afterwards, I am hungry 60-90 minutes later, WAY before I should be eating a snack.  My stomach feels empty and my brain starts to get foggy, which makes it difficult to work.  Also, I find myself thinking about food ALL the time because I feel so hungry.  I am 56 years old, 199 pounds, and 5'5-1/2" tall.
3.  I am using a particular site to track my food/calories and that has indicated between 1250 and 1620 calories to lose a pound a week.  That leaves me only about 350 calories per meal and 130-180 calories per snack, and it seems I'm always going over.  Should I be paying more attention to tracking portion sizes than actual calories so that I'm not always hungry? 
4.  Also, I get chronic headaches (taking amitriptyline, one of the "biggies" for weight gain) and am afraid to make them worse by walking until they minimize.  I can't afford to join a gym or buy much of anything, so I started yesterday to just walk for 10 minutes at lunchtime, when my headache had gotten less.  Then I was absolutely ravenous when I got back, even though I ate my morning snack right before I went. 
5.  I have been trying to eat breakfast at 10 am, snack at 1:30 pm, lunch at 2:30 pm, snack at 5:30 pm, and we usually eat dinner at 6:30 pm  Tried to divide up times between meals equally, but I find myself ravenous after about noon and 4 pm

All the above being said, I am still doing better on the SPD than any other diet I've ever been on, and it's less painful than any other diet I've ever tried.  I've lost 5 pounds so far but it's getting more difficult to stay on it, not easier, like the book seems to imply.  I have gotten little snippets of information from other posts but nothing seems to help that constant hunger - not hot beverage or more water, and I feel like I will have dirt coming up between my toes from all the veggies I've been eating - but maybe I still need more to fill me up?

I know this is long so I will leave it for now - would appreciate any ideas! 

Dan504

Re: Getting More Difficult, Not Easier... Week #4
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 10:05:46 AM »
Deb - just wanted to thank you for the honest post.  I am on Day 2, and my biggest concern about "diets" is that I start getting tired of the same foods over and over again.  I am trying to look at food as fuel now, but living in New Orleans with all of these crazy food temptations has always been a huge challenge.  In fact, I have a lunch meeting at one of my favorite restaurants today so I'm taking extra time to make sure I'm following the plan prior to going there.  Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Dan from New Orleans

DebP15

Re: Getting More Difficult, Not Easier... Week #4
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 10:23:34 AM »
Thanks for posting, Dan!  I can see how it would be REALLY difficult for you, and I applaud you for planning ahead so you can eat the right things.  I also understand about getting bored - I have eaten more cottage cheese in the last 3 weeks than in the last year before!  However, the book is slowly helping me to think outside the box for what to eat...  Crackers for breakfast for my carbs?  Why not...

Have a good day