Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: When It Gets Difficult...  (Read 977 times)

DebP15

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
When It Gets Difficult...
« on: December 14, 2015, 03:46:30 PM »
I have been on the diet now for about 8 weeks, and I notice that I still have about an hour before each snack (or 2 hours before a meal) when I always get hungry.  I HATE being hungry so I try to focus on my goals when that occurs.  Here are a couple things that help me: 
- Visualizing all the clothes in my closet that will fit me again when I get to my goal/desired weight
- Thinking about how I look forward to being weighed at the doctor's office now instead of dreading it
- Basking the approval my husband gives me for trying to get healthier
- Knowing that even 10% of my body weight lost will make me healthier and cut down on the risk of certain diseases

Don't know if ya'll out there can relate to any of these, but just thought I'd share "just in case"... 

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: When It Gets Difficult...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 12:45:45 AM »
Even diet book authors can relate!  Visualization, enjoying positive feedback, keeping an eye on the big picture rewards, and taking pride in persevering...all of these practices result in gifts you have earned, and nobody can take them away from you - they are yours to keep and enjoy.

Thanks for sharing - what you wrote will resonate with many others.

Fantastic for sticking with the program these past 8 weeks - enjoy the results.  All of them.

Nina