Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Lunch when you are not able to eat.  (Read 233 times)

Wellsy

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
Lunch when you are not able to eat.
« on: April 24, 2017, 09:56:24 PM »
Just wondering what to have for lunchtime meal when I am somewhere I can't eat. Specifically I'm thinking about my hairdressers appointment next week....its 4 hours from 12pm to 4pm.  So while its ok to have my snacks...what do I do about the "lunch" part?  Could I make a smoothie out of berries, yogurt and milk and have that for lunch?

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: Lunch when you are not able to eat.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 12:33:56 PM »
It's wonderful you're planning ahead!

Yes, you could have that smoothie for lunch made with low fat milk, or almond milk.  If you like protein powder, add that in as well.  Other ideas are pre-cooked boiled eggs and gazpacho you can easily make at home (it's like salad in a blender!), a pouch of tunafish and/or a container of yogurt plus snap peas, vegetable bean soup in a thermos, low fat hummus or refried beans with raw veggies to dip and a piece of fruit.  You can basically take anything you'd otherwise eat at home in a lunch bag with an ice pack. 

Or you could be on a "brunch" schedule and when you wake up, have a snack, and then at 11 am or so have breakfast and lunch combined then the afternoon snack and dinner as usual. 

I hope thing are going well overall, and that your hair looks fabulous after your appointment :-)

Nina