Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: SPD and antidepressants  (Read 424 times)

AmandaJaks

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
SPD and antidepressants
« on: December 19, 2016, 11:27:30 AM »
I am just started on Zoloft again for the 2nd time. Last time I was on it, I gained about 12 lbs. my question is do I follow the same plan even on medications or is this only good for after weaning from meds?

Input appreciated!

Thanks, Amanda

twhittles

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
Re: SPD and antidepressants
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 06:59:53 PM »
Hi Amanda,
Did you read the book? It's written for people just such as you (and me) who are trying to lose weight while taking meds. Yes, you can do this while on your meds! I have lost heaps of weight on this diet. Good luck!

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: SPD and antidepressants
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 03:52:57 PM »
Hello Amanda, and welcome!

I'm thrilled "twhittles" wrote back to you - I completely agree!  And I'm thrilled you've lost "heaps of weight" on the program, that's terrific! 

Trying to get a handle on things before you gain weight or before a few pounds gets to be gaining even more weight.

Keep us posted as you start the diet and we can answer questions you may have.  Or if you find it simply useful to check in on your progress to let us know how things are going and / or to communicate with others on the forum, please post again.

Wishing you all the best on all fronts,
Nina