Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: PGX  (Read 72 times)

Lm

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
PGX
« on: November 19, 2017, 08:21:34 PM »
Hi there. I use Pgx fiber pills and granules between meals to help calm my hunger. (Menís portions and extra snacks are not helping and Iím gaining weight and finding I have wicked cravings). Anyway pgx maintains blood glucose levels to avoid spikes. I am wondering if taking pgx is stopping the glucose from being absorbed fast enough for me to make serotonin? Is that possible? Iíve been trying SPD for three weeks now. Week one was the best when I was using candy for snacks but I found it hard not to binge on them after awhile so changed to wheat cereal and graham crackers.  Thanks!

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: PGX
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 01:10:36 PM »
Hello and welcome!

Sure, if you find PGX helps, then you can use it.  It likely won't affect brain serotonin production. 

That's great you've switched to snacks that are less likely to tempt you to binge.  You may want to try high fiber snacks like rolled oats porridge, bran cereal, sprouted wheat bread or crackers.  Just see what works for you. 

I hope things are going well now on the program.  Sometimes the change of season can make the appetite increase.  So can holiday times.  Try a light box if you have Seasonal Affective Disorder.  And try gentle exercise and anything you can do to get as much sleep as possible.  This is the time of year to nurture yourself and practice self care!

All the best,
Nina

Lm

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
Re: PGX
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 06:51:08 AM »
Thank you Nina!