Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Bread has protein  (Read 1078 times)

6ducklings

Bread has protein
« on: March 25, 2008, 06:37:12 PM »
I was shopping today and noticed that the breads I looked at all had protein.  Is this okay?  In the book for phase 1, it said that for dinner four slices of bread were allowed for the carb portion (which I just LOOOOOOVE).  But is it okay that there is protein in that bread?  I looked at white and wheat bread, and they all had protein.

By the way, I finished my first day on the diet, and I felt GREAT all day!  No low blood sugar drops.  I felt satisfied hunger wise.  And I actually enjoyed my food!  I could definitely tell when the snacks hit my brain and created a calmness.  Love it!

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: Bread has protein
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 09:15:21 PM »
Don't worry about the protein in bread - many foods are some combination of fat, protein, and carbs - even broccoli has protein.  Keep it simple for yourself.  One thing about the dinner portion of bread: we had some errors in the book, unfortunately, and it should be three slices for women for phase I (and 2 slices for phase II):  http://www.serotoninpowerdiet.com/errata.php.  My apologies for the errors but I'm thrilled you had such a wonderful first day!  I shouldn't necessarily promote this, but sometimes out of sheer hunger you may just want to eat the four slices of bread rather than three, and, if you are able to lose weight, no harm done!  Just watch the scale, your mood, appetite, energy levels, etc. and eat accordingly.

6ducklings

Re: Bread has protein
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 09:43:09 PM »
Thanks for your response!  Actually I was so full from dinner, I didn't have my third snack tonight.  It's so funny because all day I was looking forward to my hot cocoa and two marshmellows for my evening snack, but I simply don't want it!  Perhaps it will be different tomorrow if I only have three slices of bread instead of 4.  We'll see.  Thanks again!