Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: This is truly "eating to live" isn't it?  (Read 1209 times)

6ducklings

This is truly "eating to live" isn't it?
« on: March 30, 2008, 11:14:08 AM »
This is truly "eating to live" instead of "living to eat". I was telling my husband that I just am not thinking about food that much.  It used to be such a part of my life... craving things.  Now, when meal time comes around it's like, okay I have to eat my meal now for my sustanance instead of dying to dig in.  The only time during the day I actually feel hungry and could see myself eating a lot (if I allowed myself) is the afternoon.  The snack in the afternoon is a lifesaver for me.  And even though right after it I feel like I could eat 5 times as much, I just tell myself to wait 30 minutes, and I'll feel completely differently about it...and I do! It's amazing.  It's like the neatest science experiment to me! 

Anyway, it's so nice to be feeling like I'm eating to live, instead of my cravings taking over my life!

yourlink2911

Re: This is truly "eating to live" isn't it?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 11:20:27 AM »

6ducks - I agree with you so much.  Someone recently pointed out to be that by doing Weight Watchers, I was more obsessed with food than when i was eating it.  I'm not constantly looking for something to try and satisfy by going through the full gammot of food only to realize, "i wasn't hungry for that, maybe i'll have a bit of this".  I love it, i plan my meals and snacks and it's done.

Better2no

• Ticker Factory
Re: This is truly "eating to live" isn't it?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 04:08:23 PM »
[color=green]Yes, I agree with you 6ducklings and Lynn!
We don't have to be obsessed OR deprived!
I think that's what amazed me.  When I read the
list of foods I realized it was very manageable!
I never expected I would be transformed and
feel so great!  And it's been a long time since
the scale has gone that low!  I really have hope
that I will reach my goal.  Food is working for
me instead of me working for it!  yipppeeee
Lillie[/color]
He knows my heart and loves me still :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wORAMN1/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wORAMN1/weight.png[/img]
[/url]