Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Yaaaa!! Finally starting to lose  (Read 1587 times)

weplant

Yaaaa!! Finally starting to lose
« on: June 17, 2008, 08:54:37 PM »
I am on my 3rd week and I have finally dropped 2 pounds...I am so excited..I just pray it continues. My biggest problem is how picky I am about eating. No dairy (except hot chocolate and ice cream)..So no yogurt, no cheese, etc...But I am doing lots of veggies, salads, etc. Even though I have started week 3, I am still doing just a carb dinner and having my protein at lunch, is that ok?? I have just dropped my evening snack!!! we will see how that goes. It is very odd, I do get this real feeling of hunger (my stomach growls, etc), but I do not grave anything..Sometimes it happens within one hour after eatting..Any suggestions? It is sure great to have a support system. Thanks, Debbie
P.S. someone had mentioned they had a shopping list they could email, would you please give me that info..Thanks again. Debbie

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: Yaaaa!! Finally starting to lose
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:11:36 PM »
Great you're losing!!!  It's fine to skip protein at dinner, just add an ounce to lunch or breakfast.  Keep it up!
Nina

Better2no

• Ticker Factory
Re: Yaaaa!! Finally starting to lose
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 08:27:39 PM »
Yay, Debbie.
[color=green]So sorry I haven't been on much -- adjusting to a wonderful but exhausting new job.
If you email me at better2no@aol.com, I'll send you back the lists I typed up.  They are still a big help.
I've only lost 13 lbs. and started in March.  I haven't really been sticking to SPD since the job started, but I know it changed my life.  Even when I'm "off" my eating habits are so much better than they were, and my depression is gone. 
For me, the fact that I haven't been doing any extra exercise at all is really making the difference.
It's great not to be a slave to the scale anymore.  Maybe set some goals that have nothing to do with the scale, like fitting into a certain outfit, feeling better, not being as tired and being more active, trying new foods....? 
Best, best wishes in getting results that can really make you feel great!
Lillie[/color]
He knows my heart and loves me still :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wORAMN1/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wORAMN1/weight.png[/img]
[/url]