Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Yaaaa!! Finally starting to lose  (Read 1812 times)

Yaaaa!! Finally starting to lose
« on: June 17, 2008, 08:54:37 PM »
I am on my 3rd week and I have finally dropped 2 pounds...I am so excited..I just pray it continues. My biggest problem is how picky I am about eating. No dairy (except hot chocolate and ice cream)..So no yogurt, no cheese, etc...But I am doing lots of veggies, salads, etc. Even though I have started week 3, I am still doing just a carb dinner and having my protein at lunch, is that ok?? I have just dropped my evening snack!!! we will see how that goes. It is very odd, I do get this real feeling of hunger (my stomach growls, etc), but I do not grave anything..Sometimes it happens within one hour after eatting..Any suggestions? It is sure great to have a support system. Thanks, Debbie
P.S. someone had mentioned they had a shopping list they could email, would you please give me that info..Thanks again. Debbie

• Global Moderator
Re: Yaaaa!! Finally starting to lose
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:11:36 PM »
Great you're losing!!!  It's fine to skip protein at dinner, just add an ounce to lunch or breakfast.  Keep it up!

• Ticker Factory
Re: Yaaaa!! Finally starting to lose
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 08:27:39 PM »
Yay, Debbie.
[color=green]So sorry I haven't been on much -- adjusting to a wonderful but exhausting new job.
If you email me at better2no@aol.com, I'll send you back the lists I typed up.  They are still a big help.
I've only lost 13 lbs. and started in March.  I haven't really been sticking to SPD since the job started, but I know it changed my life.  Even when I'm "off" my eating habits are so much better than they were, and my depression is gone. 
For me, the fact that I haven't been doing any extra exercise at all is really making the difference.
It's great not to be a slave to the scale anymore.  Maybe set some goals that have nothing to do with the scale, like fitting into a certain outfit, feeling better, not being as tired and being more active, trying new foods....? 
Best, best wishes in getting results that can really make you feel great!
He knows my heart and loves me still :D