Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Slightly over three weeks and...  (Read 5429 times)

AndeeD

Slightly over three weeks and...
« on: August 27, 2008, 03:02:44 PM »
I've lost 8.8 pounds and feel much better. I'm in Phase II but most evenings I still have a carb snack because I've found then I don't feel cranky and crave-y and when I have the evening snack my morning fasting blood sugar is lower. Who knew? Well actually I did because sometimes going too long without food causes your liver to dump too much glucose and it happens most often while you are sleeping.

The pure carb snack at night (usually fat-free potato chips or low-fat waffles) is just the right amount to make my body have it's own sugar and not need anymore to trigger from the liver.

Wish more people were participating on here.

Andee ;D

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: Slightly over three weeks and...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 05:59:34 AM »
Congratulations to AndeeD and Barbara!!!
I'm thrilled to hear you both finding your own ways to make the program work as well as possible for you, that's the most important thing in the long term.

- Nina

AndeeD

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 06:49:27 PM »
Well, I've hit the month mark and have lost a total of 12 pounds. I went to see my doctor today and in the two months since I've seen him, I lost 14 pounds and my A1C is down to 7.8 from 9.1 I think that will continue to improve.

I'm fighting a cough/bronchitis right now and that is making some of this harder as nothing tastes right, but I just keep going hoping it will work anyway.

COLHUR45

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 08:14:02 AM »
i HAVENT EVEN READ THE BOOK YET i AM WAITING FOR MY LIBRARY TOORDER IT FOR ME.
i NEED TO KNOW THAT THIS DIET CAN BE SUCCESSFUL>  i WEIGH 300 POUNDS AND i HAVE FAILED HAS THERE BEEN SUCCESS WITH LARGE WEIGHTLOSS? SORRY THIS IS ALL CAPS I TYPED IT IN A HURRY.

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 10:27:44 PM »
Welcome Colhur45!  Let us know how we can make it all work as well as possible for you once you get started.

And congratulations AndeeD!  That's awesome, what an accomplishment, I hope your doctor was absolutely thrilled for you (I am!).

Barbara, thanks so much for sharing your enthusiasm, support, and your own experiences with everyone here - we are all learning from you and cheer you on!

- Nina