Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: 6 pounds down in 8 days  (Read 2073 times)

6 pounds down in 8 days
« on: March 21, 2009, 07:17:54 PM »
And I feel great! Thank you authors for this way of eating. I have tried many different diets. On some I lost, some I didn't. With most I struggled.  Lost over 40 pounds (actually on a different diet where I could have some carb meals) but  frankly got tired of dieting. Figured that I knew enough about weight loss that I could simply maintain by "eating healthy".

Unfortunately, I ate healthy and everything else too. Somewhere along the line, the cravings started and would not quit. I remembered that I had tried this way of eating when testing different diets and came back to it.

Now, I know how to curb those cravings and the past 8 days have been filled with good food that is helping me to lose instead of gain. Even though I am eating well, I simply do not need or want as much as before. Eating healthy as planned....now, eating less as well.

Again, I say thank you,

Re: 6 pounds down in 8 days
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 11:04:57 AM »
[b]wow good job.  i thought i was doing well with 6lbs in 6days[/b].
Overall,  i have gained 55lbs in 10 years.  i've noted that because after i got married at the ripe old age of 43....my life changed and so did my exercise routines.
well, i am  fed up with not feeling good, throwing out my clothes  on a seasonal basis (because they are too tight), craving foods that packed on the pounds, eating like it is my last day to enjoy food and  then berating myself on a daily basis when i look in the mirror.
Enough is enough. I am so grateful to have found this diet and its working. I am hungry at times but then i  can do a light snack... and with my favorite things complex carbs.
I have in the past tried atkins, carbohydrate addicts diet, south beach and weight watchers.I even tried hypnosis thinking that my subconscious was in some way responsible.  I can do all of these diet regimes  for a bit but there is always some glitch in my head that returns me to former ways of poor eating . It seems I have allowed myself to become so content with being miserable and complaining about it.  I know psychologically my ego is attached to this thought process but far be it from me to understand fully.  I am grateful that this diet is working though and it feels great!

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 11:52:25 AM »
Romargrey and Strawberryhill -

Congrats to both of you!  The program is great, and obviously is really working for you!  I have gained 90 pounds from bipolar meds.  They make me exhausted and crave carbs.  I am back after a while of being off the plan.  I can only hope to see weight loss like you two have!  I am starting with a small goal for this year of 30 pounds.  My husband and I are planning a vacation, and I know that I would be much more comfortable in the plane seat if I weighed 30 pounds less!

Congrats again!!!  ;D ;D

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 12:12:39 PM »
thanks for the encourageing words.  i think the one thing that has really helped me is walking and now sometimes running the dogs.  we live in a wooded area but my driveway is a long and winding dirt road about 1/2mile.  i have 5 dogs that i walk and now run a few steps.  The chubbiest of my dogs is my 11 yr old black lab.  i keep him on the 12 ft extendable leash and after he breaks into a light trot , i start my trot along side him.. it is a slow jog so to speak and sometimes just a fast paced walk/jog.  when he gets winded or me, we slow down , walk a few paces and try again.  i try to get to the end of the road in about 10minutes.

i didn't think i could still jog but with good asic jogging shoes, my orthotics for balance i am out there doing it.  i do this about 7am so it starts my day with a burst of exercise . I was never a breakfast eater but now find myself about 8:30am or so hungry and the day begins.
i think the lab and i are now getting into a routine.. i just hope it lasts.