Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: 6 pounds down in 8 days  (Read 1593 times)

strawberryhill

6 pounds down in 8 days
« on: March 21, 2009, 07:17:54 PM »
And I feel great! Thank you authors for this way of eating. I have tried many different diets. On some I lost, some I didn't. With most I struggled.  Lost over 40 pounds (actually on a different diet where I could have some carb meals) but  frankly got tired of dieting. Figured that I knew enough about weight loss that I could simply maintain by "eating healthy".

Unfortunately, I ate healthy and everything else too. Somewhere along the line, the cravings started and would not quit. I remembered that I had tried this way of eating when testing different diets and came back to it.

Now, I know how to curb those cravings and the past 8 days have been filled with good food that is helping me to lose instead of gain. Even though I am eating well, I simply do not need or want as much as before. Eating healthy as planned....now, eating less as well.

Again, I say thank you,

romargrey

Re: 6 pounds down in 8 days
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 11:04:57 AM »
[b]wow good job.  i thought i was doing well with 6lbs in 6days[/b].
Overall,  i have gained 55lbs in 10 years.  i've noted that because after i got married at the ripe old age of 43....my life changed and so did my exercise routines.
well, i am  fed up with not feeling good, throwing out my clothes  on a seasonal basis (because they are too tight), craving foods that packed on the pounds, eating like it is my last day to enjoy food and  then berating myself on a daily basis when i look in the mirror.
Enough is enough. I am so grateful to have found this diet and its working. I am hungry at times but then i  can do a light snack... and with my favorite things complex carbs.
I have in the past tried atkins, carbohydrate addicts diet, south beach and weight watchers.I even tried hypnosis thinking that my subconscious was in some way responsible.  I can do all of these diet regimes  for a bit but there is always some glitch in my head that returns me to former ways of poor eating . It seems I have allowed myself to become so content with being miserable and complaining about it.  I know psychologically my ego is attached to this thought process but far be it from me to understand fully.  I am grateful that this diet is working though and it feels great!

Meigg

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 11:52:25 AM »
Romargrey and Strawberryhill -

Congrats to both of you!  The program is great, and obviously is really working for you!  I have gained 90 pounds from bipolar meds.  They make me exhausted and crave carbs.  I am back after a while of being off the plan.  I can only hope to see weight loss like you two have!  I am starting with a small goal for this year of 30 pounds.  My husband and I are planning a vacation, and I know that I would be much more comfortable in the plane seat if I weighed 30 pounds less!

Congrats again!!!  ;D ;D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wi4ujRu/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wi4ujRu/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

[/url]

romargrey

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 12:12:39 PM »
thanks for the encourageing words.  i think the one thing that has really helped me is walking and now sometimes running the dogs.  we live in a wooded area but my driveway is a long and winding dirt road about 1/2mile.  i have 5 dogs that i walk and now run a few steps.  The chubbiest of my dogs is my 11 yr old black lab.  i keep him on the 12 ft extendable leash and after he breaks into a light trot , i start my trot along side him.. it is a slow jog so to speak and sometimes just a fast paced walk/jog.  when he gets winded or me, we slow down , walk a few paces and try again.  i try to get to the end of the road in about 10minutes.

i didn't think i could still jog but with good asic jogging shoes, my orthotics for balance i am out there doing it.  i do this about 7am so it starts my day with a burst of exercise . I was never a breakfast eater but now find myself about 8:30am or so hungry and the day begins.
i think the lab and i are now getting into a routine.. i just hope it lasts.