Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: What?  (Read 4460 times)

DragonflyTouch

What?
« on: May 13, 2009, 04:24:20 AM »
So, hadn't gotten weighed for about a month....not a good thing.  That's part of the trouble I got into this winter.  So, after posting a few days ago that I am tired of turning to food to comfort me with a problem that I am having in my life, I decided to find other outlets.  Writing, pushing myself at gym, walking my son's dog...and getting back on the scale.  So, this morning gave me a pleasant surprise...117.4!  Lower than I had been in the summer.  I guess pushing myself at the gym paid off!  Now I am really motivated to use food as nutrition and fuel, not for comfort.

DragonflyTouch

Re: What?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 03:51:44 AM »
As of this past Saturday, I am at 115.2....and yes, still using for as comfort, or to celebrate. or the pass the time away....but to a much lesser degree, and I am more aware of it BEFORE I do it...and am able to find other things to do, for the most part.  I have been paying attention to sodium in food, so I think that has made a difference...also, if I DO eat extra, it's much healthier choices, like a bowl of oatmeal, or English muffin with sugar free jam.  And I also realize,  reaching a goal does not give me permission to eat like crazy as a reward.  It's progress....it's a life long endeavor....

DragonflyTouch

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 07:17:36 AM »
114.2 this morning.  I have been doing weekly weigh-ins...sometimes 2x a week...Mondays and Fridays, but last Friday I overindulged in dinner, so didn't get weighed until today.  The good thing is, the gluttony did not continue through the week-end.  I still have to watch old behaviors...celebrating with food, eating because of frustrations, etc.  Two times last week I went to the gym after dinner, in addition to my morning workouts.  It's the evening that tempts me to eat mindlessly.  The gym helps.

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 12:19:39 AM »
I hope this weight is not too low for you, watch your energy level and the clarity of your thinking.  And your hunger level.  Do what's right for you but do take care of all aspects of yourself.  Only you know the best weight for you.

I'm thrilled, though, to know that you have more things in your life that energize and nourish you - that's something anyone can benefit from!  Way to go!

- Nina

DragonflyTouch

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 06:36:02 AM »
Thank you, Nina, for your response.  I MAY be a couple of pounds underweight, but I am going on vacation in a couple of weeks, which means no gym, and following the Serotonin plan will be challenged, so I want to give myself "room to grow"!  My energy level is excellent, and clarity of thinking....I THINK is good!  As for hunger level, I only feel hungry when I wake up in the morning, as I am no longer eating extra snacks at night (which is what got me in trouble in the winter...I mean extra EXTRA snacks).  I love this program.  It really has brought sanity and proper perspective to nutrition, fueling my body, and taking care of myself.  I am so grateful.  Thank you!

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 09:37:43 AM »
You are clearly in tune with yourself and your circumstances which is wonderful, you're in control while being flexible - fantastic.
it's wonderful to hear such positive words from you about how you feel on the Serotonin Power Diet - you're the one making it work for yourself and your efforts continue to pay off remarkably.
Enjoy your vacation,
Nina