Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Just starting and it's working!  (Read 4406 times)

Longtail

Just starting and it's working!
« on: May 27, 2009, 12:06:13 AM »
Hi all, this is my first post. I've been doing this diet for a week and just weighed today and I'm down 2.2 pounds already!  I haven't gotten my book yet, and I can't wait till it comes this week.

I'm so, so very thankful for having an answer to my cravings.  I've always tried to eat healthy...I love fruits and veggies and "good for you" foods...but I've been a sugar junkie since I was a kid, and have battled my cravings and my weight for 20 years.  I always thought if I could just get rid of my cravings, I could finally eat and live well.  Except I've ALWAYS been told that craving was my "fault."  I was always being "bad," I was "weak", I had no willpower, was having some psychological problem, I wasn't "normal."  I was a fat weak-willed slob, and if I was it was all my fault.  And I believed it.

I literally wept with joy reading this research, and finally finding an answer that wasn't insulting, abusive, and unhelpful...I'm NOT a bad person, I'm NOT defective, I'm NOT weak, I'm NOT having "issues" forcing me to eat emotionally and binge on sugar...I'm just low on serotonin!

Since I started this diet, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my mind.  I can happily go about my day, and if I'm craving...I just know to go get a low-fat, high-carb snack, and I'm fine!  I feel no need to binge and I've finally been freed of so much stress that has plagued me for years.

Thank you, thank you, bless you for this book and lifestyle...I've got my life and my body back.

Janel

Re: Just starting and it's working!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 01:48:39 AM »
Congrats, isn't it a great feeling.  I have been on the diet for two weeks now and have lost 8 pounds.  I have struggled with my weight my whole life, but now I making a difference and changing my lifestyle!!
Good Luck!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wB6jfjd/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wB6jfjd/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 12:16:35 AM »
HI Janel and Longtail,
Wow, I wish I had seen this earlier, thank you for sharing your dramatically positive response here on the forum.  I am so thrilled to know you have had such a wonderful experience emotionally and with your weight.  Longtail, you wrote this a while ago and I hope you have continued to have a positive experience on the Serotonin Power Diet.

Judy and I are often distressed that prescribing doctors (of antidepressants) and other health professionals with whom patients often discuss weight issues are not aware of the brain serotonin-appetite connection and therefore cannot help people with their overeating and cravings.  So many people suffer needlessly for so long with no hope for reversal of their weight gain and control of their eating!  Can you all think of ways we can get the word out even more than we do already to the general public so that others can get the emotional relief and weight loss benefits you all do?

Do keep us posted (and yes, we'll try to respond in a more timely manner next time!),
Nina

onthegacoast

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 03:49:26 PM »
I have a good relationship with my doctor.  I asked her to read the book; she was interested in the research.  I am hopefully that she will be able to help others who have experienced weight gain.  Most all of my friends that have taken SSRIs have gained weight.

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 04:40:40 AM »
Thanks for bringing it up with your doctor - it's hard to find the time in a busy doctor's practice but I suspect that having the information might will be very appealing in order to help other patients.

We really appreciate your support and, as always, we're thrilled to hear of the positive experiences you are having on the program.

- Nina