Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Tracking your intake  (Read 959 times)

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Tracking your intake
« on: July 07, 2009, 03:29:11 PM »
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to bring up the value of tracking your eating by keeping a food journal as a key strategy for your weight loss on The Serotonin Power Diet.  Even though you may be following the guidelines of our eating plan by snacking at the right time and having protein earlier in the day and only or mainly carbs for your evening meal, portion sizes tend to creep up over time and that could slow your weight loss.  A little bit here and there does add up over time - even if you think you are eyeballing your portions accurately, weigh and measure from time to time to make sure, and keep a food journal for a few days if the scale is not moving downward as fast as you think it should.

Hoping everyone is having great results on the plan - if not, let us know and we'll all try to help get you on track.

- Nina

DragonflyTouch

Re: Tracking your intake
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 04:35:44 AM »
So true about the food journal.  After a 10-12lb weight gain this winter, I went back and read my journal and was amazed at the amount of times I indulged in a little extra, or full out binged.  I was then amazed it was only a 10-12 lb gain!  Even after losing those added lbs, I still find myself picking at extra pasta as the veggies cook, having a no-fat latte or 2...but I am trying to be aware, and keeping a food journal is an excellent tool for this.