Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: just started any advice  (Read 5479 times)

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: just started any advice
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2008, 01:45:47 PM »
Hi Lisa (lfitton) - congrats on your weight loss and welcome!  congrats to your husband, too, yes, the men always seem to lose faster than us women....

Janice

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 09:58:18 AM »
Hi everyone I'm Janice
I have just received my book which I had to order through my local bookshop.  I live in Cape Town, South Africa, and I am really looking forward to starting this programme.
I am paging through the book and notice " graham crackers" - these are not familiar to me.  Can someone please describe what sort of crackers these are?
Thanks and I look forward to interacting with you all.
Regards
Janice

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 01:20:28 PM »
Dear Janice,

Welcome!

Graham crackers are like wheatmeal biscuits or McVitie Digestive biscuits if you are familiar with them.  They have a slightly sweet taste and a whole grain flavor.  However, the wheatmeal biscuits are probably too high in fat to use as a snack on a regular basis - check the label.  Both are delicious.

We hope the plan works for you - keep writing!

All my best,
Nina

Janice

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 02:27:22 AM »
Thanks Nina
I will check the supermarket shelves and also check the fat content.
I expect that there will be many products that I will not be able to get here in Cape Town and will have to substitute.
I will be shopping this weekend and will start the programme on Monday.
Wish me luck!
Regards
Janice :)

feenlida

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 10:09:26 AM »
WOW!  All the way from South Africa!  That's quite a distance from me in the United States.  I live in a small town - Leechburg, Pennsylvania. Welcome, and best of luck.  It is strange that you have never heard of graham crackers - they are quite the pantry staple around here.  If you can find them, I think you'll really love them!  They are nice sweet crunchy cracker.   

Better2no

• Ticker Factory
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 09:21:18 PM »
[color=green]Welcome Janice, so glad you found Serotonin Power Diet
If you stick to the guidelines for the snacks and meals you will be amazed at the results.
My weight loss has slowed down as I haven't been exercising, but I know the diet brought me out of a severe depression and I am so grateful.  Plus, you will meet some amazing people here.
Best, best wishes to you.
Lillie[/color]
He knows my heart and loves me still :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wORAMN1/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wORAMN1/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Janice

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 10:19:05 AM »
Thanks to everyone for the welcome!
I have been on anti-depressants as far back as I can remember.  I am now 52 years old and am going through menopause.  My doctor is not in favour of HRT so I am taking a natural supplement which has helped tremendously.
I am hoping that the SPD will also help to stabilise my moods and emotions as well as the terrible cravings that I have.
As I mentioned before, I will start the programme next week once I have done my grocery shopping and will let you know how I progress.
Thanks again.
Regards
Janice

blonde1954

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 11:20:59 AM »

Welcome, Janice!!

I have also been on antidepressants for fifteen years, and have had a slow but steady 70 pound weight gain since I quit drinking 10 and a half years ago.

I have found that the program really helps my cravings. Also, the ringing in my ears has absolutely stopped. I have lost about six pounds in three weeks, and feel a hundred percent better.

Best of luck -- I think you will love the program!

;D

FenTrier73

just started any advice
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 04:18:35 PM »
dry curd cottage cheese?? That just sounds gross...LOL  but, I love trying new food, where do you get that?  Sounds like I have to go to Wisconsin to get it. 

but the sodium content does sound appealing :