Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Progress Report (I have lost 30 lbs!!!!)  (Read 3839 times)

LC

Progress Report (I have lost 30 lbs!!!!)
« on: November 03, 2009, 12:01:54 AM »
Hi everyone.  I first logged on here a number of months ago skeptical that I would be able to lose the weight I'd gained on Effexor as I hadn't been able to drop it even after being off the drug for 5 years.

I'm here to report that I have lost 30 lbs since the last week of June.  I have at least 20 more to go, but for the first time I'm confident I can make it.

If I've learned anything from this experience, it is that everyone's body is different and it takes a lot of experimentation to settle on something that works for each individual.  I seem to have hit a sweet spot.  I'm following the basic principles of the Serotonin Power Diet, but doing so in the framework of the WeightWatchers points system for portion control and factoring in activity, and supplementing with fish oil and CLA.  I'm also doing at least 60 minutes of cardio most days and weights 3 or so times a week, and generally just trying to move more.

Looking forward to having my thin self back again after all this time.  Thanks for a great program and to everyone starting out, hang in there and keep tweaking your program until you hit what works best!

LC

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: Progress Report (I have lost 30 lbs!!!!)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 07:17:55 PM »
Wow, that is absolutely fantastic, I'm so happy for you both for the weight loss and also for the way that you are learning good lessons about what will work for you in the long term so that you keep the weight off.  That's great you're keeping up such a great exercise routine!  I am an avid exerciser but I still have days when I'm tired and just don't feel like doing it - like today, it was grey outside, I didn't get much sleep last night, and I went on a long run yesterday AND did yoga, so it's all a balance.  As you point out, LC, everyone has to know their body and I would add that everyone needs to know themselves and be in touch with where they are each day - it's the overall effort and trend, making minor adjustments is what makes it work in the long term and helps you stay on the track you're on.

Keep it up - sounds like you know you'll get there!
- Nina

DragonflyTouch

Re: Progress Report (I have lost 30 lbs!!!!)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 09:16:00 AM »
Congratulation LC!  It's hard to stay skeptical on this program, as the results are amazing.  And I am sure you have noticed that it is not just about the pounds melting off, but the added energy, restful nights, and the general feeling of contentment.  Keep up the good work.  I am so happy for you, and for all of us.  Barbara