Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Pumpkin latte???  (Read 1873 times)

bdulong60

Pumpkin latte???
« on: November 15, 2007, 10:53:31 PM »
So, as a result of a hectic, troublesome day (short staffed at the preschool where I work), Harvest Feast lunch for kids and family (skipped eating the food, even the brownies!),came home to a dog that need immediate vet attention, lost my house keys, had to go to laundromat because my son dried his clothes with a green crayon (dryer is a mess), I missed my pre-dinner snack.  I wasn't calm thru any of this...it's only day 3, and I don't expect miracles.  However, I DID "cheat" by getting a large D&D's pumpkin latte with skim milk, no sugar.  How bad is that??? :-\  I am skipping tonite's after dinner snack.  A man found my keys (I dropped them getting out of car), went back to where I thought I could have lost them, and he saw me looking on ground.  Yeah!  ;D Dog is resting comfortably on her orthopedic bed (sore back)...on pain meds, and the laundry is done.

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: Pumpkin latte???
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 11:06:21 PM »
Given all that you had going on, I'd say you deserved a pumpkin latte and it seems like only minor food damage that you limited your indulgence to that!  Not that I'm advocating extras on the diet (after all, we want you all to lose weight) but I think it's great when you can get what you need and then get right back on the plan.  Glad to hear things worked out on many fronts!

mdnitewind

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 02:38:51 PM »
I love pumpkin lattes. I love coffee in general (and pumpkin). Does this diet allow coffee? Probably not half and half or light cream in it though, or sugar, huh? What about low fat lattes with no sugar?

I have been thinking of trying to switch to tea. Tea I like drinking black or with a tiny drizzle of honey. I heard it can be healthful too. ???

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 11:50:08 PM »
Tea is great.  Coffee is allowed but if you add milk products, make them fat free or low fat and count them as part of your meal - if you can't resist, small amounts of full fat milk or the occasional half and half are allowed - the plan cannot feel like total deprivation and there are sugar-free delicious coffee flavorings but sugar is definitely allowed as long as you account for it as part of your snacks and meals.  On this diet, people can lose weight AND enjoy many of their favorite foods.

mdnitewind

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 07:23:48 AM »
I can't wait to get the book! :)

So I could make a small, fat-free latte as part of my snack? That would be great. I don't mind low fat or fat free milks when I make lattes. I used to actually drink coffee black but one place I worked had such bad coffee, I started getting used to cream and sugar to make it taste better, and sort of got hooked. But in lattes I use 1% milk at home, and when I get it out I order it fat free. But I do use real sugar, but not much. I don't like it very sweet. But I really don't like artificial sweeteners for some reason. For some reason they seem to make me thirsty. And I am always dry and thirsty enough as it is.

Do we count carbs at meals too, or just calories? Actually, forget that....I'll read it in the book. I don't want to ask a ton of questions before I've even read it yet.

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 12:07:20 AM »
Fat free or low fat milk in lattes with a bit of sugar is fine.  For a snack, you could have about 25 g of carbs then a half cup of latte with a touch of sugar.  Milk has both protein and carbs (like many foods do) and if you have too much along with your carb snack you won't get the proper serotonin boost.