Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Eggplant Parmesan  (Read 288 times)

LMGiddins

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
Eggplant Parmesan
« on: February 25, 2018, 09:48:40 PM »
In the book, it states that if I want to have pizza then I should have a vegetable pizza and remove the cheese. And also to make sure itís under 350 calories for the carbohydrate requirement.  My family rarely orders-in pizza or eats frozen pizza however, on occasion we heat up frozen eggplant parmesan or frozen vegetable lasagna. Iím in the Serotonin Surge Phase.  If I removed the cheese and kept my serving to 350 calories, does that fit the diet? Iím only harping about it now because I had eggplant parmesan (and removed most of the cheese) this evening. I read the nutritional label and saw that it only had 21 grams of carbohydrate for the portion I ate so I then ate  a dinner roll in hopes of compensating for it. I started Week 2 today and everything has been running smoothly until I had dinner tonight.

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: Eggplant Parmesan
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 11:33:58 AM »
Hello, and welcome!  It's wonderful you're reading labels and being thoughtful about the diet - and that you're reaching out with questions.  All good: you're taking care of yourself and taking charge.

Eggplant parmesan is typically made with a lot of fat so in general, going forward, I would avoid eggplant parmesan - but sure, vegetable lasagna without the cheese should be fine.  Keep reading labels as you're doing!  And yes, eating rolls is a great way to get the carbs you needed. 

I'm really glad things have been going smoothly so far - that's wonderful.  Please keep us posted on anything related to your experiences on the diet, and we're definitely here to answer more questions, etc. 

Nina