Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: Eggplant Parmesan  (Read 146 times)

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
Eggplant Parmesan
« on: February 25, 2018, 09:48:40 PM »
In the book, it states that if I want to have pizza then I should have a vegetable pizza and remove the cheese. And also to make sure itís under 350 calories for the carbohydrate requirement.  My family rarely orders-in pizza or eats frozen pizza however, on occasion we heat up frozen eggplant parmesan or frozen vegetable lasagna. Iím in the Serotonin Surge Phase.  If I removed the cheese and kept my serving to 350 calories, does that fit the diet? Iím only harping about it now because I had eggplant parmesan (and removed most of the cheese) this evening. I read the nutritional label and saw that it only had 21 grams of carbohydrate for the portion I ate so I then ate  a dinner roll in hopes of compensating for it. I started Week 2 today and everything has been running smoothly until I had dinner tonight.

• Global Moderator
Re: Eggplant Parmesan
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 11:33:58 AM »
Hello, and welcome!  It's wonderful you're reading labels and being thoughtful about the diet - and that you're reaching out with questions.  All good: you're taking care of yourself and taking charge.

Eggplant parmesan is typically made with a lot of fat so in general, going forward, I would avoid eggplant parmesan - but sure, vegetable lasagna without the cheese should be fine.  Keep reading labels as you're doing!  And yes, eating rolls is a great way to get the carbs you needed. 

I'm really glad things have been going smoothly so far - that's wonderful.  Please keep us posted on anything related to your experiences on the diet, and we're definitely here to answer more questions, etc.