Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

We hope our forum gives you what you need to stay on track, be successful, and feel good about yourself.
- Judy and Nina

Author Topic: When is the best time to eat meals?  (Read 43 times)

Buchanan8633

• Welcome to The Serotonin Power Diet Forum!
When is the best time to eat meals?
« on: May 04, 2018, 05:43:40 PM »
Hi Nina & Judith,

I just finished reading your book but I have some questions. Thereís a lot of information to remember so sorry if itís already been said.

Iím trying to plan out my schedule for stating the diet and noticed that there time constraints on the snacking intervals in relation to lunch and dinner, however Iím curious, is there a specific time constraint on when it is appropriate to have breakfast, lunch or dinner?

For example, do I need to eat Breakfast within an hour of waking up? Should I have ate dinner three hours before going to bed? How late in the evening can I eat before bedtime? Does that matter on this diet?

Do you have any other suggestions I might not be thinking of, for the time frame the eating schedule?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 05:46:30 PM by Buchanan8633 »

NinaFrusztajerMD

• Global Moderator
Re: When is the best time to eat meals?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 02:36:09 PM »
Hello and welcome!  I realize you posted a week ago and hope you've had a chance to experiment with different timing of your meals and snacks to see what works for you. There sure is a lot to juggle when you start the eating program because there are multiple meals and snacks during the day and you have to consider factors such as your sleeping schedule, the physiology of the natural fluctuations of brain serotonin levels, and the relationship between ingestion of protein with brain serotonin production.

There are no absolute times of the day you "should" be eating.  The key is what works with the rest of your life.  For example, if you don't like to eat breakfast too early in the day, you can shift your meals and snacks to a later time.  If you prefer 3 main meals of brunch and dinner along with 2 or 3 snacks (depending on which phase you're in), you can do that, too.  You can have dinner shortly before bed if that works for you, or if you prefer not to eat late and you're in phase I, you can combine your evening snack carb portion with dinner (or have it as dessert). 

Do you have specific challenges with the schedule that perhaps we could help tweak for you?  How are things going in general?  We'll try to reply more quickly than last time :-)

All the best,
Nina